Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Readers!

If you are reading this right now, it might mean you are locked in your room waiting for your Christmas festivities to be ready. I feel your pain. I shall try to make you forget it.

On Christmas morning, we all like to read the Christmas story. Call me crazy, but my favorite Christmas passage comes from Philippians 2. I told you to call me crazy. Bear with me though, I do have a point.

Philippians 2 describes Jesus coming to Earth from his perspective, and really points out that his sacrifice for our sins started way before the cross.

Philippians 2:6-11 states,
"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

 Just a thought for you this morning. Jesus gave up his throne to live as a servant and ultimately die for your sins. Are you willing to do the same?

Philippians 2:5,
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment